Apple Smart Watch - The New Health Expert?
October 29, 2019
2019 has been revolutionary when it comes to the health monitoring benefits, hidden within the Apple smart watch on your wrist.
Since Kevin Lynch’s announcement at the Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, some of the absolutely fantastic features given will make your Apple watch the control center of your health.
The little features and tracking of various health triggers may seem trivial when seen individually. However, when paired with the bouquet of analyzing tools within the IOS, you get a neat summary of your or your loved one’s health. Some of the new features included in the health suite are:
1. Safe Listening: WHO (World Health Organization) has been championing the safe listening movement for a while. Building up on the cause, Apple watch (OS 6) notifies the user when noise levels are unsafe for listening, hence reducing the chances of premature hearing loss from environmental factors; much less.
2. Menstrual Cycle Tracking: A leap in the female care industry where the IOS 6 keeps tabs on monthly cycle and alerts in case of irregularities; which can be symptoms of bigger problems.
3. Fall Detection: Falls are no joke, specially for senior citizens who live or commute by themselves. The fall detection feature immediately sends an SOS message and the users location to the emergency contacts stored in the phone.
4. ECG: This is a gem of a feature for anyone, but mostly for those who have any cardiac concerns. The watch detects ‘Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)’ one of the most common abnormal heart rhythms’ via a 30-second test. While these irregular heartbeats aren't always medically dangerous, but they can lead to complications like stroke, blood clots and even heart failure.
5. Heart Rate Detection: Elevated heart rates or lower than normal heart rate is immediately detected and alerted, thus reducing unforeseen emergencies in people who suffer from tachycardia or bradycardia.